Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hey, hey it's baseball time

When I started this blog back in the late summer I was looking forward to a great fall of arts events in Memphis: South Main Art Trolley Tours, "Wicked" at The Orpheum, a new season of the Memphis Symphony Orchestra, Art on Tap, RiverArtsFest and too many other great events to attend.

Yes, I'll be attending many of those. This Saturday I'll be attending the opening performance of the MSO's Pops season. I hope to make it to at least one screening at this weekend's Indie Memphis film festival and also make my way down to South Main for RiverArtsFest.

But a funny thing happened on the way to October. My favorite baseball team, the Texas Rangers, decided to dominate their division, qualify for the playoffs and, so far, dominate this postseason. I just watched them dominate the New York Yankees 10-3 for a 3-1 American League Championship Series lead, one win from the franchise's first World Series appearance.

So my mind the past few weeks has been on baseball. Not football, as is normal for me this time of year. And not on a great fall season of arts events. So you'll have to forgive me if you see me at one of this city's great arts events this weekend and I'm wearing a Rangers hat (like I did a week ago at the Broad Avenue Arts Walk).
Let's Go Rangers !!!! (And Memphis arts)

No comments:

Post a Comment